So, I’ve had this conversation with a couple of you recently about whether I should use titles for my poems or continue to use only dates.
Pros of Using Dates:
- I’m lazy.
- I write a lot, sometimes two or three pieces a day (but usually one).
- I might obsess about these titles, maybe working longer on them than the actual poems (not even kidding).
- Dates offer no hint as to what you’re in store for.
Pros of Using Titles:
- More appealing to readers
- A title is easier to remember than a date.
- The title might turn out to be what you enjoy most about my poem.
- Might (or might not) give you a clue as to what you are in for.
Friends, I cannot decide this on my own. Please take the time to fill in the poll. I know you have opinions. And thank your for sharing them